Applications for 2020 TESSOL scholarships are due by Friday 1st November 2019.
Having teachers with a Teaching English in Schools for Speakers of Other Languages (TESSOL) qualification in your school will improve the outcomes for English language learners. We offer tuition fees scholarships for study towards a TESSOL qualification.
Who’s eligible to apply
You’re eligible to apply if you:
- currently teach new migrant, former refugee, Pacific Island background or international students in a state-funded school, or early childhood education service
- have at least 2 years’ teaching experience
- have a permanent position in a mainstream class or a specialist ESOL class.
The full criteria and requirements for support from your school are explained on the application forms below. These are posted out to schools in October each year, along with course information from the providers.
TESSOL tuition fees scholarships are offered for study at:
- University of Auckland Faculty of Education for teachers from Auckland schools
- Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec) for teachers from Waikato schools
- Victoria University for teachers from Wellington schools
- Massey University for teachers from schools in rural areas and provincial cities
- University of Canterbury College of Education for teachers from schools in Christchurch.