The scholarships are open to undergraduate and postgraduate taught Masters students and are split into two categories:
Global Academic Excellence scholarships
These scholarships offer a £5,000 tuition fee discount for the first year of study. These scholarships are open to high ability students from any non-EU country.
Country or region-specific Academic Excellence scholarships
Scholarships offering a tuition fee discount of up to £10,000 for high ability students from a specific country or region.
Eligibility and applying
Eligible students must:
- have a conditional or unconditional offer to study at the University of York by 18 July 2019 (you do not need to have accepted the offer)
- be paying fees at the overseas fee rate (any fee assessments must be complete by the 18 July 2019)
- be intending on studying a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate taught Masters course based on the University of York campus
- be a national of or permanently domiciled in a relevant country (country-specific academic excellence scholarships only)
Applicants cannot hold a 100% tuition fee scholarship or be fully sponsored.
Applicants for the following pathways are not eligible to apply for the Academic Excellence or Country-specific Academic Excellence scholarships:
- Hull York Medical School
- International Pathway College
- Distance learning courses